Practice Areas

Areas We Serve

We serve in four Maine counties, including York, Cumberland, Androscoggin, and Sagadahoc counties.


Prenuptial Agreements, Judicial Separation, Grandparents Rights, Divorce, and Parental Rights actions are primarily addressed by statutes found in 19-A of the Maine Revised Statutes. These areas primarily address your assets, your income, and your children, generally the most impactful things in a person’s life.

Civil Law


Maine’s State Judicial System has been transforming since before, during, and after the “pandemic.” There is a hybrid procedural approach to getting matters addressed, to include the use of filing by electronic means, meeting by phone, and meeting by Zoom. Navigating through Maine Courts is challenging even for those that have done it in the past. Issues addressed here include the areas of personal injury, real estate, business, and other contractual claims. Claims are time sensitive and could be barred from recovery if not acted on as soon as possible.



 The Probate Courts are divided by Counties in Maine, and primarily involve the interpretation of 18-C of the Maine Revised Statutes. Probate Courts address disputes about Estates, Guardianships, Conservatorships, Wills, and Powers of Attorney, among other things. Claims issues are generally time sensitive, so best practice is to address issues of this type as soon as possible.

Criminal Law


Cumberland County has implemented a restorative justice program as a tool to work out an agreement with District Attorney, as an alternative to jail and addressing the effects on the community.

Motor Vehicle related crimes are found in Title 29-A of the Maine Revised Statutes. Motor Vehicle crimes have an added layer of complication from the State of Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicles. Note that driving a motor vehicle is on Maine roads is unlawful, unless licensed to do so. The right to operate a motor vehicle is administratively determined by the Bureau of Motor Vehicles with its rule and regulations. The Maine Judicial Courts will determine whether an accused is guilty of the crime and whether incarceration is part of a sentence.

Domestic Violence crimes are receiving the most attention. The ramifications of a domestic violence conviction are far reaching. A conviction will affect family and divorce issues, as well as the right to possess weapons and ammunition.

Other misdemeanor crimes include theft, fraud, unlawful drugs, and other intentional acts. The accused can benefit from attorney advice on how to work with the District Attorney.

Felony level crimes require a lot of attention. These are the highest level crimes, with maximum sentences approaching 30 years in prison. Dissecting the facts and protecting constitutional rights are priority for all criminal cases; however, with felony level cases, the accused must participate every step of the way.

Contact Us Today: 207-829-9300 | 440 Walnut Hill Road | North Yarmouth, Maine 04097

Contact Us For a Consultation

Law Offices of Thaddeus V. Day, PLLC
440 Walnut Hill Road
North Yarmouth, Maine 04097